01. In case you haven’t heard, Independence Day 2 is HAPPENING, Y’ALL, and the Internet is going the appropriate amount of insane over Jeff Goldblum (ie. my one big older-man-HUBBA-HUBBA-would-immediately-ditch-my-boyfriend-for-him dreamfest crush).
02. Design*Sponge just featured the “functional, familiar, and forward-thinking” new line from home goods-maker Umbra called Umbra Shift and I am like over all of it. Particularly these Hanger Chairs would look AMAZING in the new apartment and Idosolemnlyswear to make dinner/any number of baked goods for anyone who buys them for me as a housewarming gift.
03. Florence Welch told Rookie Mag this week that she drinks her coffee blended with coconut oil which immediately sent me to the Googles to see if this is actually a thing. THIS IS ACTUALLY A THING. This whole bizarre fad apparently began when people decided to start blending butter into their coffee
to induce adult-onset type one diabetes because it supposedly boosts your energy/focus levels.
04. The boyf and I recently decided to re-start True Detective because we started it once and never finished (see: inversely proportional work/life schedules), and despite it taking me into weirdly dark psychological places I’m not sure I’m ready to explore, I’m deeply intrigued by Matthew McConaughey’s nihilistic persona on the show. If you don’t know the backstory behind it (and it’s one heck of a labyrinth of a backstory), you should def take an hour out of your day to listen to Radiolab‘s piece on it.
05. I’m tackling Infinite Jest this summer because what could be better poolside reading than a thousand-or-so-page-long manifesto on life, family relationships, the media, US-Canada relations, tennis, drug addiction and recovery (including several hundred end notes)? Clearly I am feeling masochistic, but never mind me. How about this freshly released trailer for the biopic about an interview with David Foster Wallace that is starring JASON SEGEL WUT WHY that is coming out this summer? DFW’s family may be totally anti- this movie but the Sundance critics are already calling it a favorite for the Oscars.
06. Finally, this Pete Wells takedown of Javelina for NYT. I just — No words.